The best way to have a sustainable & healthy Christmas is to use up leftovers for Boxing Day meal. Leftover are frugal by definition so you will not tempted to have decadent meals, but you can still add a glass of prosecco or slice of cake to keep in line with the Christmas spirit.
This potatoes, sprouts and Stilton salad, is perfect to use up those veggies and cheese board leftovers, and it is really tasty a quick to make. If you don’t eat cheese or dairy, simply skip the Stilton and the recipe will work anyway.
Sprouts, potatoes & Stilton, Christmas leftovers frittata
A great idea to use up your Christmas leftovers for this tasty and easy to make frittata.
- 1 medium steamed or boiled potato
- a handful of boiled o steamed Brussels sprouts
- 3 eggs
- few crumbles of Stilton cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- A sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Simply whisk the eggs, add the Stilton crumbles and a bit of the cooked potato roughly mashed up.
- Step 2 In the meantime, slice the sprouts and the remaining potatoes, place them in non stick pan with a little of olive oil and the peeled and halved garlic clove. Let them sweat for a few minutes.
- Step 3 Bring up the heat and add the whisked eggs compound, let it cook through and then turn to cook other side.
- Step 4 Serve with a rocket or a grated carrots salad on a side.