This beautiful smoked mackerel salad is delicious, nutritious and ready in 5 min! It is perfect for a Summer meal, when you really don’t have time or don’t feel like cooking. The layered ingredients, herbs and seasonings used in this recipe, bring out lot of flavous for a dish that is so simple to make.
Mackerel is a oily fish, rich in healthy Omega 3 that are good for the brain, the heart and dampen inflammation in the body. Smoked mackerel is extremely convenient because it is ready to eat, and can easily combined with warm or raw veggies for a really healthy meal.
This salad has a lot raw and colorful vegetables, that combined will give you a huge amount of micronutrients and phytochemical for a delicious healthy kick.
Each color bring different nutrients/healing compounds, so when you can, it is really important to add as many differently colored vegetables ( and even fruits) to your plate, which is why we say that you should “eat the rainbow”.
This salad has it all: proteins, healthy fats, lots of vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and anti-oxidants. An amazing Mediterranean salad to celebrate the Summer.
Summer mackerel salad
A wonderful mackerel rainbow salad, brimming with colors and vegetables, perfect for the summer.
- 1-2 Smoked mackerel fillet
- 4 cocktails tomatoes
- 1/2 bag of rocket leaves
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 6 black pitted olives
- a generous pinch of celery
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- A dash of balsamic
- Step 1 Simply place the vegetables in a salad bowl, with the rocket roughly cut, and the celery finely sliced.
- Step 2 Season with the oregano, oluive oil and a dash of balsamic, toss, add the mackerel fillets without the skin and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Italian chicken and avocado salad
- Tamari chicken and Greek basil quinoa salad