A delicious and comforting vegan recipe, perfect for a cosy night in. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, this yummy stew is full of fibers and vegetable proteins.
Perfect with a slice of crusty wholemeal bread or some quinoa for a gluten-free option.
Sumac lentils & carrots stew
A delicious vegan recipe, perfect for a winter evening in. Gluten-free, dairy-free and nuts-free.
- 1 green lentils can
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 pum tomatoes tin
- 2 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of sumac
- 1 pinch of majoran
- a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Finely slice the onion, place the in a non-stick pan, and let them sweat for a few minutes.
- Step 2 Add the peeled garlic cloves, the carrots roughly sliced, and let them sweat for a few minutes more.
- Step 3 Add the spices, the chopped plum tomatoes, cover and let it simmer for 8 minutes.
- Step 4 Add the drained lentils, and finish to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Serve with crusty slice of wholemeal bread, and with a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil