I made these salmon, rocket & chili fishcakes recipe just before Christmas. They were delicious, ideal for one of those evenings when you want something a bit fancy and comforting but healthy at the same time. I had them with rocket, cherry tomatoes & spring onion salad, to make them even more healthy.
No fried oil
The recipe is designed to avoid fried oil, but at the same time to create that little crust on top, so that makes these fishcakes tasty and pretty healthy at the same time.
You can use up your leftovers
Like most fishcakes they are made with leftover fish and potatoes, but can obviously cook the recipe from scratch. A packet of 2 salmon fillets cam make enough fishcakes for 4 people.
Make it a meal
Food combination sometimes counts more than the recipe itself. I would suggest having these fishcakes with a salad, like a rocket, cherry tomatoes spring onions salad, ( which will also reduce food waste as rocket is part of the fishcakes recipe), or any type of green like wilted spinach or green beans.
Salmon, chili & rocket fishcakes
A delicious but easy salmon fishcakes recipe. Gluten-free.
- 1 salmon fillet poached
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 dash of fresh red chili
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free flour
- A sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Peel and steam the potatoes. When ready place them in a bowl and mash them up.
- Step 2 Place the olive oil, peeled garlic cut in half, the chili and let them warm at low heat for afew seconds, then add the rocket leaves and let them sweat at low heat for a couple of munutes.
- Step 3 Flake the salmon, and add it to the potatoes mash, with one wisked egg, and the chopped up rocket leaves and stir well.
- Step 4 Make few little balls woth mix, flatten them out and dust them with a little flour. Place them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 min.
- Step 5 When ready, fry them at low/medium heat for 30 sec on each side. serve with a salad!