A delicious, comforting and decadent gluten-free gnocchi recipe. Thyme infused, roasted Romano peppers, tomatoes, olive oil and feta cheese for this rich Mediterranean flavors dish, that will satisfy your palate.
Roasted peppers, tomatoes, thyme & feta gnocchi
A delicious and decadent gluten-free potatoes gnocchi full of Mediterranean flavors and one of your five a day.
- 200 gr potatoes gnocchi
- 2 Romano peppers
- 6 cocktail tomatoes
- a generous bunch of fresh thyme
- 50 gr feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- a dash of chili flakes
- a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Step 1 Wash the tomatoes cut in halves and place then in roasting tin, add the cleaned peppers cut in two, sprinkle with olive oil, few sprig of thyme and roast them in the oven for 15 min.
- Step 2 in the meantime, peeled the garlic cloves, cut them in two and let them sweat in a non-stick pan for 1 min together with the chili flakes and some olive oil.
- Step 3 When ready, add the roughly cut peppers and tomatoes to the pan and let the flavor mix for a few minutes at low heat.
- Step 4 Cook the gnocchi, drain them and place them in the pan with the sauce and the crumbled feta cheese. Stir and serve!
Nutritional lowdown. Potatoes gnocchi have a slightly higher GI than pasta, so they need to be consumed in moderation. This recipe contains lots of fibers,and a bit of fat from the feta cheese, which helps to slow down the absorption of carbohydrates.
Time saving tip. The roasted peppers & tomatoes, can be used for my gorgeous deep red soup “Roasted peppers, tomatoes & sumac soup” a triumph of Mediterranean flavors. Simply bake the double amount of peppers and tomatoes and voila’, you have another delicious & healthy meal for the following day or to freeze an use up when you fancy a yummy soup.
More Mediterranean & rainbow recipes ideas….