This gorgeous soup, will warm up your winter evenings and bring you a host of Mediterranean flavors.
Eating a varied and colorful diet is a great way to make sure that your body receives the cocktail of nutrients to support optimum nutrition, so my tip is to try to have at least two colors of plant based food during the day, and at least four different colors during the week, as practical way to make sure you have all the nutrients.
Roasted peppers, tomatoes & sumac soup
An easy and flavorsome deep red soup, with the taste of Mediterranean.
- 2 red Romano peppers
- 6 cocktails tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- a generous pinch of majoran
- a pinch of sumac
- Sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 x Kalo stock cube
- Step 1 Wash the peppers and tomatoes, and cut them in 4. Place them in a baking tray, with a sprinkle of olive oil, oregano, a sprinkle of sea salt and two garlic cloves unpeeled. and roast for 15-20 min.
- Step 2 In the meantime slice two shallots, and two peeled garlic cloves, and let them sweat in a pan with a little of olive oil.
- Step 3 Add the roasted veggies ( minus the upeeled garlic), add them to the pan, add the stock, majuoran & sumac. Cover up with a bit o water and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Step 4 Remove from stove, blend and serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Why not combine this soup with some of the other recipes on the blog?