A recipe that I have created for last Christmas, to be used as an appetizer, and that would like to re-propose for this Halloween.
It great to use up all the typical Halloween and Christmas and provide a quick and tasty meal if accompanied by a fresh salad.
Pumpkin, spinach & Stilton frittata
A delicious and pumpkin, spinach & Stilton salad, good for a starter or light meal. Perfect to use up those Christmas leftover.
- A small pumpkin chunk (lightly steamed)
- a handful of spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- few Stilton crumbs
- 1 garlic clove
- A sprinkle of nutmeg
- A sprinkle of olive oil
- Step 1 Whisk the eggs and once ready add half of the pumpkin. Mash it up and a small pinch of nutmeg.
- Step 2 Sprinkle some olive in a 20 cm non stick pan,add the garlic clove peeled and cut in half, and gently let the spinach sweat for a couple of minutes until soft. Add the remaining of pumpkin, and let it sweat another minute in the pan.
- Step 3 Add the crumbled Stilton cheese to the eggs mix, and then pour it in the hot pan. Lower the heat, and cover with a lid to let it cook. Once ready turn the frittata and cook the other side.
Enjoy it cut it in small squares for a Halloween themed party cold buffet, or on its own for a light lunch or dinner with a rocket or kale salad on the side. Great also as a sandwich filler with a couple of thin sourdough rye bread.