A tasty pumpkin soup just in time for Halloween. Pumpkins are not just for decoration, but they are rich in anti-oxidants, to support our overall health. Use them freely in soups, risottos, and warm salads accompanied by green vegetables, like kale, chard or savoy cabbage.
Pumpkin, sage & Serrano ham soup
A delicious and rich pumpkin soup,great for everyday and perfect for the Christmas season.
- 1 slice of pumpkin
- 2 small brown onions
- 1 slice of Serrano ham
- few sage leaves
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube (Kalo)
- a dash of nutmeg
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Finely slice one onion, put in a pot with a little olive oil to sweat at low heat.
- Step 2 Add the Serramo ham slice chopped up and the sage leaves to the mix and keep on seating for a couple of minutes to release the flavors.
- Step 3 Take off the heat, add the pumpkin to which you had removed the skin and washed, roughly chopped up. Add some water, stock and let it simmer for 30 min. Half way through, add a dash of nutmeg.
- Step 4 Blend and put back on the stove for a couple of minutes. Serve and enjoy!