With lockdown we all got used to more comforting and heart-warming meals. Nothing wrong about it. It is actually good that more people got more into home cooking, but we in the long term we need to be smart with our choices and simply learn to create yummy, comforting meals that bring joy to the table, but that are also balanced and healthy.
It does not have to be difficult. Actually the easier you make it for yourself and the more likely you are to stick to the new habit! Stanford professor and behavior scientist BJ Fogg, has even created a new method called “tiny habits” that will teach you to change your habits with tiny, little changes that are really easy to fit in your existing lifestyle, the same that we use at The Healthy Gourmet.
This one pot harissa chicken stew, does exactly that. It is delicious, easy to make and won’t take much time to prepare but it is also balanced and healthy meal. You can have with simply some pitta or crusty bread on the side or some golden couscous or quinoa.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 big carrots
- 1 big courgette
- 1 can of plum tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp of dried harissa spice mix
- 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- a dash of oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Clean and cut the carrots and courgettes and place them in the pan with 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of harissa and then saute’ at medium/low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the plum tomatoes cut in chunks, without the juice first, the oregano and let them cook for another 10 min.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place them in a bowl, add a sprinkle of olive oil to the pan and use it to cook the chicken for a few minutes.
You can have this dish with some crusty pitta bread on the side, some golden couscous or some quinoa.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Italian chicken with peppers ( One Pot Meal)
- Lemon & thyme chicken with spicy courgettes gluten-free cous-cous
- Tamari chicken & quinoa salad
- Three easy & quick ways to cook chicken
- Italian chicken & avocado salad
Do you want to receive our latest healthy living tips and recipes? Then subscribe to our blog below.