Many of you have asked for a basic hummus recipe which is a really healthy choice when it is homemade. It is rich in vegetable proteins, good fats, polyphenols, vitamin C, vitamin E, fibers and traces of many other minerals and vitamins.
It is super easy to make and It is delicious with either raw and roasted vegetables, salads, falafels, it is perfect as a snack, and a great addition to any impromptu dinner with friends.
I thought of posting the basic version, that can be enriched in many ways (more posts to come on this).
A very easy and quick humus recipe, for the perfect healthy homemade snack.
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tbs of tahini ( sesame paste)
- 1 tbs of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- a dash of black pepper
- a dash of sumac ( optional)
- a dash of turmeric (optional)
- a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Simply put the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and spices in a blender. Blend it for 1 min or until you reach a creamy consistency. If needed you can add a tbs of water.
- Step 2 Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
I don’t use raw garlic, but if you like you can add one clove of crushed and peeled garlic to the recipe.