As a health coach and Pilates instructor, I get asked all the time, how do you eat in a healthy way? Many wonder whether I eat carbs at all or if I live off fruits juices. None of the two, I have to say, and if you read this blog you might have guessed that my diet is actually far more wholesome and fads free that you could have imagined.
These are 7 rules that work for me.
- Eat the most wholesome, close to nature, seasonal food.
- Eat when you are hungry. Hunger is a signal that you need to refuel. Eating when hungry won’t make you fat, but a constant munching and overeating will.
- Keep my blood sugar level steady, to avoid insulin rush and cravings.
- Eat something raw everyday. Most of the nutrients of vegetables, fats and fruits are better without heat.
- Love your colors. Eating food that have different colors, will ensure a good variety of nutrients.
- Don’t overload. Whether is coffee, carbs or fats, don’t over do it.
- Have an off day. Whether is a lots of soups or smoothies and little else, having a day or two when you “detox” your body, will help to give a rest your digestive system.
On another note, a “healthy diet” is the one that makes your body works at its best and that fit with your lifestyle. Every human being is unique, and what works for one person might not work for another.
Both nutritional therapy and health coaching advocate the principle of bio-individuality which means that nutrition should be tailored to the individual rather follow generic rules. This is due to genetic predisposition, constitution, microbioma composition, age, lifestyle, stress responses, exercise regimes, just to name a few. That is why is recommendable to have the guidance of a professional when making lifestyle changes.
Want to know the difference between health coaching and nutritional therapy? Read this article….
About the author
Claudia is a certified Holistic Nutrition Health Coach and contributor to a number of wellness and lifestyle online publications. She is available for face to face health & nutrition coaching session in London and Skype coaching sessions nationwide ad internationally. Please text her on 07725741543 or contact her on here to schedule a free consultation call. Want to become a health coach? Read more on here.