To celebrate pancake day, I would like to propose a gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, nuts-free, no added sugar, buckwheat, banana & cinnamon pancakes recipe.
You can try these pancakes with different toppings, the most classical of them being a few drops of organic maple syrup, but I had them the following morning slightly toasted on their own with a cup of coffee and they were delicious too.
There are different ways to make a banana pancakes. These are an improved recipe of some I made a couple of years ago, that resulted in being a bit dry, so for these ones I used the simple trick of using a cold banana to give the fluffyness to the pancakes.
Buckwheat, banana & cinnamon pancakes ( Gluten-free + dairy-free + nuts-free)
These gluten-free, dairy-free, nuts-free, grain-free, no added sugar, pancakes are delicious and great for either a snack or a treat. try them with a few drops maple syrup or on its own.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of buckwheat flour
- 1 small ripe banana (cold)
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a dash of coconuts oil
- Maple syrup ( for serving)
- Step 1 Simply whisk the egg, then add the buckwheat flour until you have a soft dough.
- Step 2 Slice the banana that you have kept in the fridge, and blend it with a bit of water.
- Step 3 Add it gently to the dough until you have a smooth consistency.
- Step 4 Pour it in a non stick pan with a small knob of coconut oil, making small round shapes of 5 cm diameter cooking them on both side and serve!
Despite what the name would suggest, buckwheat is not a grain, but a seed, so it is great for those who follow a gluten-free or grain-free diet. Great for vegan, buckwheat contains a good amount of vegetable proteins, including lysine an essential amino-acid which the body cannot produce and that must be introduced with the food we eat.
The mild sweetness is given by the banana rather than added sugar which make them perfect for those on a low sugar diets that crave a little treat. The cinnamon not only gives taste, but it is believed to help lower sugar cravings.
Fancy more gluten-free & dairy free pancakes recipes? Why not having a look at my millet & raspberries pancakes.