Rich in vegetable proteins, delicious and filling this vegetable gluten-free risotto is great for a tasty dinner or lunch. Broad beans are an often underused vegetable, but their strong taste can add flavor to any dish, and they are rich in vegetable proteins, making you feel fuller for longer and perfect for vegetarian dishes.
Courgettes, broad beans & Pecorino cheese risotto
A tasty gluten-free risotto rich in vegetable proteins.
- 2 small courgettes
- a generous handful of broad beans
- 100 gr or Arborio rice
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 kalo ( organic stock cube)
- a sprinkle of olive oil
- 40 gr of Pecorino cheese
- Black pepper to taste ( optional)
- Step 1 Finely slice the shallot and let it sweat with the garlic and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Step 2 Add 1 courgette finely chopped and a couple teaspoon of vegetable broth made with the vegetable stock.
- Step 3 Wait for the stock to evaporate, add the rice and let toast for 1 -2 minutes, stirring.
- Step 4 Let the risotto cook, adding the broth slowly. Add the remaining chopped cougette and the broad beans.
- Step 5 5 min before the rice is ready add half of the grated Pecorino cheese, and the remoining once the risotto is cooked.
- Step 6 Season with black pepper ( optional) and serve!
Looking for more risotto ideas?