It’s getting colder out there, and when the winter comes, so it is the need for stodgy and warming food. Just be smart about, keep those sugars levels in check, add vegetables, and respect the proportions of a good balanced meal.
So if you are craving for a creamy potatoes mash why not trying this Celeriac mash, which is delicious and comforting like that classic potatoes mash, but it is much lower in carbs and calories!
Vegetables variety is also linked to microbioma bio-diversity ,which is considered a good sign for gut health and immune health.
You can try this dreamy celeriac mash with any type of meat, but it goes well especially with those winter meats, like venison, pheasant, partridge, lamb and beef. Great alternative to our “Cauliflower & sage mash”,
The perfect low carbs alternative to potatoes mash.
- 1 medium celeriac
- a dash of goat milk (nut milk like almond or cashew if you are dairy-free)
- a tiny amount of goat butter
- a couple of fresh thyme twigs
- black pepper
- Grana Padano cheese to taste ( optional)
- Step 1 Simply, peel the celeriac, cut in few chunks and wash it quickly. Place it in a steamer with some thyme and cook until soft.
- Step 2 Place the vegetable in container, mash it or blend it, adding a tiny amount of milk, black pepper, goat butter and few thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy