It’s getting colder out there, and when the winter comes, so it is the need for stodgy and warming food. Just be smart about, keep those sugars levels in check, add vegetables, and respect the proportions of a good balanced meal.
Today I had this creamy and low carbs celeriac & thyme mash, which is a good alternative to our “Cauliflower & sage mash”, if you want ( and I advice you to) keep a nice variety in your diet.
Ready in 15 min
Ingredients (1-2 people)
- 1 medium celeriac
- a dash of almond milk (or goat milk if you are allergic to nuts)
- a tiny amount of goat butter
- a couple of fresh thyme twigs
- black pepper
- Grana Padano cheese to taste ( optional)
- Simply, peel the celeriac, cut in few chunks and wash it quickly. Place it in a steamer with some thyme and cook until soft.
- Place the vegetable in container, mash it or blend it, adding a tiny amount of milk, black pepper, goat butter and few thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy.
What to have it with. You can have it with veal, beef, venison or lamb. Good with salmon too.