This delicious grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, & nut-free chocolate pancakes are perfect for a special breakfast or for those moments when you need a special sweet but healthy treat.
Buckwheat is healthier option to traditional white flour as it is less refined, and despite its name is not a grain and it is gluten-free. It is quite nutritious, and has a good amino-acids profile, good for vegetarians and vegans.
These pancakes are also low-sugar as they take their sweetness from the banana rather than added sugar or sweetener. The banana milk, is a perfect substitute for almond milk, keeping the pancakes nuts-free and environmentally friendly, minimizing food waste.
Easy to make, they are perfect with a drizzle of maple syrup, and some fresh strawberries or a strawberries coulis.
Ready in 10 min
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons of organic chocolate powder
- 2 small ripe bananas
- A dash of sodium bicarbonate
- Raw coconat oil for cooking
- Maple syrup to taste
- A few strawberries to garnish
- Beat the eggs, then pour the flour and chocolate powder in the mix.
- Blend the bananas with a bit of water, until you have a creamy consistency and pour into the mix. Add some water if needed to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle a dash of sodium bicarbonate.
- Pour the mix into a non-stick pan with a tiny bit of coconut oil.
- When ready, serve a drizzle of maple syrup and some strawberries. Enjoy!
Have any questions? Feel free to post a question in the comments below, or engage with me on my social media, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Want more gluten-free, dairy-free or wheat-free pancakes recipes? Check them out on here…. Breakfast & Brunch Recipes