A nice and easy meal to keep you light and healthy before the festive season. Broccoli are rich in sulfur which helps the liver detoxification, while chickpeas are rich in vegetable proteins to keep you full and energetic for longer.
The rice I used is the Waitrose brown Basmati, wild & red rice, but I would suggest to use a small quantity as the chickpeas are also rich in slow release carbs, so you won’t need much. The garlic, chilli and extra-virgin good quality olive oil, also provide healthy fats, polyphenols and vitamin E.
Garlic & chili broccoli, chickpeas and rice bowl
An easy and healthy recipe to keep you healthy during the Christmas season.
- 1 Broccoli floret
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 80 gr of brown, wild & red rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- a dash of chili flakes
- a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Place the rice to cook in saucepan. Clean the broccoli and steam it, ( you can use a steam basket on top of rice saucepan)
- Step 2 In the meantime, sprinkle some olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the peeled garlic & chili, and let them release the flavours on a low heat for a minute, without burning the oil.
- Step 3 Add the chopped up broccoli, the drained chickpeas and let them sweat in the pan for a few minutes.
- Step 4 When ready place them in a serving plate with a small portion of rice.