This reduced sugar banana bread is moist and delicious. Super simple to make it takes only 10 min to prepare, and it is made with olive oil. A great idea for breakfast, tea, or simply when you fancy something sweet.
I wanted to make this cake with those everyday ingredients that everybody keeps in their kitchen cupboard, to make it an easy option for when you fancy that slice of cake but cannot go to the shops.
It has reduced sugar, and has the advantage of being a great basic version of the cake that can be modified easily. You can add chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts or change the type of flour, so that you will never get bored and can utilize all the leftovers.
If you are gluten-free you can use the same recipe, but swap the wheat flour for a buckwheat and gluten-free flour mix ( 1/2 cup buckwheat + 1/2 cup plain gluten-free flour ).
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 small ripe bananas + 1 for decorating ( optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of demerara sugar
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- a dash of all spice
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powered
- Simply peel the banana and mash them up with a fork. In the meantime place all the dried ingredients in bowl and whisk them together.
- Combine the dried ingredients with mashed up banana, the eggs and the oil. Mix well with a fork, and then place the dough in loaf tin and then in the preheated oven at 175 degrees for 20/25 min.
- Take it out of the oven and leave it to rest for at least 5 min.
Are you addicted to sugar? Break free from sugar addiction with these two easy strategies. Download my FREE ebook ” How to resist sugar cravings”.