A lovely, easy to do family dinner, that everybody will love. Any leftover from the main meal, can be re-used in easy to do recipes the next day to save time in the kitchen and maximise your food shopping.
- 1 packet of free range chicken fillets
- 1 broccoli floret
- 1 asparagus bunch
- 1 packet of cocktail tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grana Padano
- a dash of oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- A dash of lemon juice
Optional gluten-free option
- 70 gr red rice
- Prepare the marinade for the chicken, with the olive oil, balsamic, a dash of lemon juice, garlic cut in two and black pepper, and leave it to rest in fridge for 10 min.
- Wash the tomatoes, and cut them in half. Place them in a small non-stick pan with a dash of olive oil and sprinkle them with oregano. Let them cook at low heat for 10 min then place them in a hot oven for 2-3 min.
- In the meantime wash the broccoli and asparagus, and let them steam on the hob for 4-5 min, until they are soften up, but still green and crunchy.
- Time to cook the chicken in a non-stick pan. When ready place 2-3 chicken fillets in plate with the broccoli, asparagus, 4-5 roasted tomatoes, sprinkle with a dash of olive oil, balsamic and some Grana Padano cheese shavings.
- Serve with a small slice of sourdough wholemeal bread, or a small portion of red rice. Delicious!
My shopping tip. Grana Padano is a milder taste cheese than Parmesan, and it is not easy to find it in London. My favorite is the one from Waitrose, which is of very good quality and very good price.
Don’t miss my next blog post, where I teach you how to use up the leftovers from this delicious dish, to minimize waste and time spent in the kitchen! 🙂