And here we go with a classic and must have of healthy desserts recipes! This healthy avocado chocolate mousse recipe is a classic for healthy foods and will make you forget ready-made chocolate dessert!
The healthy chocolate mousse is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients!
Avocado may seem an odd choice when paired with chocolate, but avocado is actually a fruit and when finely mashed and combined with cocoa like in this recipe its typical taste disappear.
For this recipe I used raw cocoa which differs from regular cocoa powder because it is toasted at very low temperature, thus preserving the amazing nutrients and natural compounds of the raw cocoa berry.
The avocadoes need to be very ripe, the same type of ripeness you would use for guacamole.
Both cocoa and avocados are filled with incredible nutrients, like potassium, magnesium, folates, vitamin E, traces of other vitamin and minerals, but also rich in natural anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that stimulate our feel good hormones & neurotransmitters.
The benefits of making your own chocolate dessert is that you can control the quality of the ingredients, choosing wholesome and nutrients rich foods but most importantly you can control the quantity of sugar that you use. And that is in my opinion, one of the main assets.
Gluten-free | dairy-free | nut-free
- 3-4 very ripe avocadoes
- 3 tbsp of organic cocoa powder
- A splash of almond or any other non-diary milk
- Few drops of organic maple syrup
- Few berries to garnish
- Simply blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth, then pour in two serving cups and then leave in the fridge for at least 30 min, before serving.
You may also like
- Low sugar banana bread ( made with olive oil)
- Buckwheat, chocolate & banana pancakes
- My favourite pick me up drink
Want to receive more healthy but delicious recipes ideas and lifestyle tips for modern life? Subscribe to our blog.