This is my to-go soup for the winter months, when colds and sore throats become a sad reality. Rich in soothing properties, it usually manages to help me decongest a runny nose and support my system when I am run down.
I find it perfect after a yoga class too, to add on to the detoxifying power of yoga. Here is a quick reminder of the healing properties of the herbs and spices presents in the soup.
Chili. Decongestant, anti-imflammatory
Ginger. Detoxifying, anti-imflammatory
Extra-virgin olive oil. Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants
Pumpkin seeds. Nutrients dense, vegetable proteins.
Looking for more healing foods for the winter? Head over to my blog to check out my latest post ” Chili, garlic & ginger kale” and subscribe to receive my next article on how to support your immune system during the winter.
Pumpkin & turmeric soup
A anti-oxidants & anti-inflammatory rich soup perfect for the winter months to stave off colds.
- A chunk of pumpkin
- 1 brown onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- a small piece of ginger
- a dash of tumeric
- a dash of cumin
- half of Kalo stock (organic)
- A sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pumpkins seeds ( optional)
- Some fresh mild chilly for decoration (optional)
- Step 1 Remove the skin of the pumpkin and onion, wash, cut in big chunks and place in a pot with some water the stock cube,the garlic, ginger & cumin.Bring it to boil, then let it simmer.
- Step 2 After 15 min add the turmeric, When ready, blend and serve in a plate with a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Step 3 Add a little of mild chili at the end, after you have tasted the soup, to make sure that it’s not too hot already.
- Step 4 Add some pumpkins seeds and enjoy!
MORE HEARTWARMING SOUPS RECIPES
Keep in touch and receive new easy and healthy recipes straight into your inbox